MacroPATH is a user-friendly, high-resolution image capture system that can either be mounted to fit any existing grossing workstation or used as a shared stand-alone resource. Selected high-resolution images can be used to supplement synoptic or preformatted reports that provide essential data or clinical relevance. The stored images form a powerful database for QA, teaching and research. The connection to remote transmission facilities allows teleconferencing and telepathology consultations.
The benefits of MacroPATH
In the grossing room:
- A major visual complement to standard descriptions.
- The availability of the images eliminates vagueness in the description of the shape, size and color of specimens.
- Eliminates hand drawings or long descriptions.
- Enables a detailed observation and documentation through a 30x optical magnifi cation.
- Rapid and accurate sizing/area of specimens.
- Easy and precise labeling of tissue block sample locations.
- Full documentation of the specimen “as received”
In the Microscopy Room:
- Macro images are available to all the pathologists at time of sign-off
- Create more informative pathology reports by adding context with macro images.